[Rt-devel] Proposed: $RT::AutoCreatePrivileged

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Apr 3 17:15:59 EDT 2006

Hello!

On 4/3/06, Ruslan Zakirov <ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/4/06, Jim Meyer <purp at acm.org> wrote:
> > I'm looking at account autocreation and have tripped over some
> > inconsistency with how autocreated accounts are granted privileged
> > status. Specifically, RT::User->LoadOrCreateFromEmail() assumes
> > unprivileged while RT::Interface::Web::WebExternalAutoInfo() assumes
> > privileged.
> >
> > I'd propose a new config var, $RT::AutoCreatePrivileged, which is heeded
> > by both of those and anywhere else. I'll happily offer a patch vs.
> > 3.6.0pre0 (or pre1 =) if this sounds like a good idea.
>
> I recall that there is defualt hash for autocreated users data, may be
> it's not described in the config, but is used somewhere. We could
> decribe it and use it everywhere. I think it's more reasonable.

Funny you should mention the ambiguously-named $RT::AutoCreate:

   http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?SiteConfig

I just created that page today to document that exact config hashref.
It's currently only used in the autohandler and only in the
WebExternal* bits.

I'd support using that mechanism. Can we make the name a bit more
explicit, say $RT::AutoCreateDefaultInfo? Also, it'd be really nice to
include a sample usage (commented out is fine) in RT_SiteConfig.pm as
distributed in order to make folks aware of it and its usage.

Again, I'll happily offer patches.

Cheers!

--j
--