[Rt-devel] Proposed: $RT::AutoCreatePrivileged

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Apr 3 18:11:32 EDT 2006

Hello!

On 4/3/06, Ruslan Zakirov <ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/4/06, Jim Meyer <purp at acm.org> wrote:
> >    http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?SiteConfig
> There is also http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RTSiteConfig,

Whoops! I can't see how I missed that one. Too big a hurry before
jetting to the south of France, I guess. ;p

> but I like you naming more, don't delete the last one but note that
> it's the same.

Okay, done. Also cleaned up SiteConfig, pulled in the info on
RTSiteConfig, and put a ref to RTSiteConfig on the SiteConfig page.

> > I'd support using [the $RT::AutoCreate hashref] mechanism.
> > Can we make the name a bit more
> > explicit, say $RT::AutoCreateDefaultInfo? Also, it'd be really nice to
> > include a sample usage (commented out is fine) in RT_SiteConfig.pm as
> > distributed in order to make folks aware of it and its usage.
>
> It's not documented and is not widely used, so I think we could rename
> it. My suggestion for name is UserAutoCreateInfo, 'Default' is
> meaningless because Config by default is storage of the defaults and
> nobody stops you from overriding this defaults in extensions or other
> code :)

Fair enough. May I counterpropose "AutoCreateUserInfo" in that it's
handy to have a pseudo-namespace for variables to help group them
conceptually?

> > Again, I'll happily offer patches.
> Patches are allways wellcome when they improve things.

Coming right up, then. =]

Cheers!

--j
--