[Rt-devel] User AutoCreation in RT

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Apr 4 02:01:17 EDT 2006

[Jim Meyer]
> I'd like to propose a generalized RT::User->LoadOrCreate() function
> which can be passed a pile of user info and told which piece to
> attempt to load by; it would honor $RT::AutoCreateUserInfo to set any
> user info which wasn't passed in by the caller.

That sounds like a good idea.  It should also provide some hook to
make it easy to add a LDAP lookup function to map from email address
to username and map email address og official email address before the
user is created.  At the moment we got patches for this partly
working, but did miss some of the places where a user is created, so
some of them are not created with the correct username.  Check
<URL:http://www.usit.uio.no/it/rt/modifications/> for our patches.