[Rt-devel] RT::Ticket::SetOwner() permissions model?

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Apr 10 15:00:53 EDT 2006

Hello!

While looking at that last bit, I re-read the logic in
RT::Ticket::SetOwner() and was a bit confused, so I sought
understanding. Originally, I had a really long email here, but it
seemed to benefit from some wiki formatting, so I put it there
instead:

  http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?TicketOwnershipPermissions

The gist is: we should refactor the conditionals at the top of
SetOwner() to be more clear and directly correspond to the various
ownership rights in the ACL and I have a suggestion how, complete with
code.

If there's interest I'll produce an actual patch. =]

Cheers!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at acm.org