[Rt-devel] Adding Custom Field Types (specifically: Date)

Joshua Colson jcolson at realm.ination.cc
Wed Apr 12 14:40:26 EDT 2006

I'm interested in adding a Date type for custom fields. However, I'm not
entirely sure how this might be done. Is it as simple as adding the type
to the hash defined in lib/RT/CustomField_Overlay.pm (which modified
would, of course, be lib/RT/CustomField_Local.pm) and then creating the
appropriate local/html/Elements/EditCustomFieldDate file?

Also, I noticed in the docs/design_docs/evil_plans file it mentions that
this would be a 'Nice' feature to have. Does that mean there is already
work happening on this at BP? If anyone is working on this, I would be
willing to help.

Thanks.

--
Joshua Colson <jcolson at realm.ination.cc>