[Rt-devel] RT::Record::LoadByCols weirdness (bug?)

Dmitri Tikhonov dtikhonov at vonage.com
Tue Apr 25 10:25:40 EDT 2006

Dear Fellow RTers,

RT::Record overrides DBIx::SearchBuilder::Record::LoadByCols.  In
particular, its version of the method contains the following code:

  my ($op, $val, $func);
  ($key, $op, $val, $func) =
     $self->_Handle->_MakeClauseCaseInsensitive($key, '=', $hash{$key});
  $newhash{$key}->{operator} = $op;
  $newhash{$key}->{value} = $val;
  $newhash{$key}->{function} = $func;

Of particular concern is the substitution of user-provided operator with
'='.  I would like to filter some tables based on what a value is *not*
equal to ('!=').  Playing with the code above (replacing '=' with '!=')
produced several screens worth of exceptions which I cannot makes heads
and tails of.

Is this an intrinsic limitation of RT::Record or should this bug be
fixed?

Setup:
  DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.43
  RT 3.4.5