[Rt-devel] Creating a ticket via soap -- Mime Obj

Roy El-Hames rfh at pipex.net
Mon Aug 21 09:31:32 EDT 2006

Hi there;
The system is 3.6.1 apache2, mod_perl 2, SOAP::Lite
Any help can truly be appreciated as I have been banging my head for a
week now ..
I am creating a soap interface for RT 3.6.1 which seem to work fine with
the exception of creating a ticket, the ticket get created however the
content is empty and its not populating the attachments table .. If I
create a MimeObject on the soap client side, it seems to work fine,
however as the soap client will be a microsoft .net, I would rather the
client sends the text string and I compile the mime object on the server
side ..
What I have is the client sending :
Text => 'This is my text'
on the server side:
my $MimeMessage = MIME::Entity->build(
                              From => 'rfh at pipex.net',
                              Subject =>'this is my subject',
                              Type => 'text/plain',
                              Data => $args=>{'Text'}      ## I even
tried Data => 'Anything just work'
                        );
my %create_args = (
               Queue => $queue,
               Requestor => $requestor,
                Cc => $cc,
               Subject => $subject,
                Subject => 'Another ticket',
                MIMEObj => $MimeMessage   ## I also tried
RT::I18N::SetMIMEEntityToUTF8($MimeMessage );
                                                                   ##
AND $MimeMessage->stringify();
);
 That does not work for me
If on the client I do:
     my $mime = $mo->build(From => $requestor,
                     To => $to,
                     CC => $cc,
                     Type => 'text/plain',
                     Data => $txt);
    my $mimeMessage = $mime->stringify();
 and send
    ('Ticket' => (Requestor => $requestor,
                                                    cc => $cc,
                                                    Queue => $queue,
                                                    Subject => $subject,
                                                  MimeMessage =>
$mimeMessage
                                                    )
                                                   );
It works fine, ticket created with content attached ..
Many thanks;
Roy