[Rt-devel] Re: Front-end improvements to RT

Baloo baloo at ursine.ca
Tue Dec 12 23:00:44 EST 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 04:07:00PM -0600, Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp wrote:
>> Ultimately, I would like to see extensive use of CSS and cleaner HTML
>> make such extensions easier as well since I've had to hack the Mason
>> templates quite a bit just to get the infrastructure in place. I've been
>> using RT since 3.0 and have noticed that this has improved
>> incrementally, but a lot of work really remains in 3.4. (I haven't yet
>> tried 3.6, but from what I've seen of the 3.6 this is still not very
>> different.)
>
> I'd love it if you could have a look at RT 3.6, since we extensively
> redid the UI last year.  Contributions of new and extended CSS themes
> would be great.

I love that new UI by the way.  I installed RT 3.6 using Debian's
request-tracker3.6 package and I love the new UI.  I installed it to manage
help/newbie requests on the shell server I run as a hobby so I could learn
it quickly for work but discovered the new interface by accident.  Wow, I
hope we get this at work sometime soon!  About the only thing I could ask
for is if the quickboxes at the top defaulted to closed instead of open
when you open a ticket, or if there was a way you could set that in the
preferences...