[Rt-devel] RT 3.6.3rc4

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 23:10:28 EST 2006

On 12/21/06, Andreas Ittgenshorst <rt at ittgenshorst.de> wrote:
> [Jesse Vincent]
> > Ruslan has done work to fix outgoing email and internationalization
> > issues found with 3.6.2. Could folks give 3.6.3rc4 a shot?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > jesse
>
> Hi Jesse,
>
> the corruptions of de.po are fixed. There is no german translation available
> for 'My Day'. I translated a view strings (patch attached, hopefully its
> usable), but some strings do not exist in the de.po file.
The patch looks good. Applied.

> As an example I can't find the following string from html/Tools/MyDay.html:
>     displaying new and open tickets for
>     Worked
>     minutes
>     Comments
>     Record all updates
This is sign of small bug in the code. All strings that should be
localized should be wrapped into a call to I18N subsystem. You can
find examples in the code, search for "->loc" and "<&l>...</&>".

> Ok, this seems to be only trivialities, but you asked. :-) And it would be
> nice to have a mostly complete translation available when the new final
> version comes.
Sure, but most of translations are made by RT users. So patches are welcome.

> By the way, should I ask questions about german translations related to rt or
> rtfm on the rt--devel list or should they go to another address?
rt-devel@ is ok. I think it's good practice to Cc a maintainer of the
file, look into header of a po file to figure out who is dealing with
most of the time, but never write to them directly.

> Regards,
> Andreas

Best regards, Ruslan.