[Rt-devel] Inline image display in rich text Tickets

David Smithson dsmithson at activsupport.com
Fri Jul 14 19:09:01 EDT 2006

Hi all.

If RT receives an email with HTML content, it can be displayed by
enabling rich text.  However, images that were displayed inline in the
original email are displayed as attachments at the top of the ticket
body in RT.

Images are an indispensable part of our customer support process.  Often
the images have a caption or description that is displayed just below or
just above the image in our correspondence.

Is there a way to adjust this behavior in RT?

By analyzing the HTML downloaded from the RT Ticket I have guessed that
there is no mechanism for this in RT, since the reference to the image
is still of the format: src="cid:683584522 at 14072006-08A0".

Any thoughts from the dev department?

David Smithson