[Rt-devel] RT API

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Fri Mar 3 06:47:35 EST 2006

Hi,

Have the development team ever considered the benefits of introducing an
RT API ?  I'd like to see a HTTP-POST / XML reply interface into the RT
system.  This will allow us to :

  - update tickets in an automated way (letting some tickets expire)

  - create tickets when a given event is triggered (i.e. association
between Nagios and RT for some alerts)

  - build custom reports for IT management.

  - allow us to extend the features of our email interface (e.g. permit
managers to send control messages to an interface which lets them mark
jobs against particular users.)

  - allows developers to integrate RT with handheld devices (which we
really could do with).

Any thoughts ?
-a