[Rt-devel] Porting data from in-house solution to RT

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Thu Mar 9 12:30:51 EST 2006

Hello!

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 11:56 -0500, Stephen Turner wrote:
> Our transfers of data from our legacy system to RT have been one-time
> processes. In other words,  once we transfer a ticket to RT, it's live in
> RT and "frozen" or inactive in the old system. We haven't had a need to
> keep the two systems in synch, so we don't have any experience that would
> help you in that regard.

Good to hear. We like to dip our toes until someone pushes us into the
pond around here. ;]

> Our mapping of old to new ticket id is just so when an email reply is sent
> to a ticket that originated in the old system, we can append it to the
> correct new RT ticket.

I'm somewhat fortunate in that our old system didn't allow incoming
email correspondence, so once we shut down the web UI we're done.
However, you've made me consider what it still honor the old systems'
URLs (which are included in each email it sends) ... and which shouldn't
be too hard to manage.

Thanks again!

--j
--