[Rt-devel] My current favorite best-practice for RT extensions ([fwd] Announce: per-queue branding for RT)

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Mon Mar 20 20:56:44 EST 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:06:48PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> We recently developed this RT extension. I'm somewhat more pleased with
> how the library extensions worked out here than with things we've done
> in the past. Additionally, it makes it a lot easier to install multiple
> extensions than overloading the _Local mechanism.

Jesse,

Looking at the code, I would summarize the new best practice as:

* Introduce HTML using Callbacks and components in $RTHOME/local/html
* Introduce libs in the RT::Extension namespace in $RTHOME/local/lib
  and use the module from RT_SiteConfig.pm.

Did I miss anything?

Why even install the libs in $RTHOME and not just the perl site
lib? Just because it is of no use without RT?

Thanks for the great new extension!

-Todd