[Rt-devel] ActiveStatus and InactiveActiveStatus

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Mar 27 20:54:41 EST 2006

Heya!

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 20:44 -0500, Phil Smith III wrote:
> Thanks, but that doesn't do it: it adds those statuses, but if we've added,
>  say, an ActiveStatus of "escalated", the RT homepage doesn't list any tickets
> in that status.  That's what I'm trying to fix; I apologize for being unclear.

I'm working to understand what you mean by "...the RT homepage doesn't
list any tickets in that status" ... I think you mean that none of the
ticket lists like "10 highest priority tickets I own". You also didn't
mention what version of RT you're using, and that makes a big
difference.

If you're using 3.5.x or greater, log in as a SuperUser and click the
Edit button by the offending list of tickets. You should see a link
which will allow you to edit the underlying query; most of those queries
are looking for new and/or open, so just add your statuses and save it
again.

If you're in 3.4.x, it's tougher and I'm not qualified to guide you
blind. I think you're going to end up editing the underlying HTML files
for several elements on the page, but there may be smarter ways to get
what you want.

BTW, if you're on pre-3.5.x, you really owe it to yourself to install a
dev instance of 3.6.0pre0 (or even just 3.5.5) and see what you're
missing. It's night and day. =]

Cheers!

--j
--