[Rt-devel] "This message will be sent to..." confirmation page

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 28 10:58:55 EST 2006

At Tuesday 3/28/2006 10:41 AM, Duncan Shannon wrote:
>Very nice.
>
>I don't recall seeing anything on "how to use or add custom mason
>components"
>
>Is the idea that you add save the file in rt3/path/to/local  and then
>edit the template that is used for the Update ticket page and include a
>couple lines that call the mason component and then restart and it will
>show up on the page?

Yes, we put this in local/html/Ticket/Elements. Whichever page you
want to include this on would then have a call to the component
(passing a ticket object as an argument).

>Do you mid if I create a wiki page with the information/code?

Be my guest!

Note that this component does not tell you why a recipient appears,
so there's not quite as much info as the standard RT 'this message
will be sent to' section. We kicked around the idea of providing a
link to a page explaining what scrips were used in determining the
recipients, so that people could go there if they wanted to, but we
haven't got round to that yet.

Thanks,
Steve