[Rt-devel] ActiveStatus and InactiveActiveStatus

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Tue Mar 28 11:41:22 EST 2006

Thanks to the various helpful advice from y'all, I've got it working.  I had to change 4 files:

./share/html/index.html
./share/html/Elements/MyRequests
./share/html/Elements/MyTickets
./share/html/Elements/Quicksearch

In all but the last, it was a matter of changing:
	"Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open'"
in lines such as:
      my $status = "Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open'";
to:
"Status != 'resolved' AND Status != 'rejected' AND Status != 'deleted'";

The change to Quicksearch was a teeny bit more involved.  The line:
      my $open_q = "Queue = '$name' AND Status = 'open'";
became:
      my $open_q = "Queue = '$name' AND Status = 'open' OR Status = 'clientwait' OR Status = 'escalated' OR Status = 'otherwait' OR Status = 'pricewait' OR Status = 'stalled'";
(as you can tell, our custom statuses are "clientwait", "escalated", "otherwait" and "pricewait")

and
      my $all_q = "Queue = '$name' AND (Status = 'open' OR Status = 'new')";
became:

      my $all_q = "Queue = '$name' AND (Status != 'resolved' AND Status != 'rejected' AND Status != 'deleted')";

I suppose I could have made the second change be universal by making it a set of != including "new", but I was half asleep, and I'm planning to upgrade anyway, but wanted to see if I could get this working in the meantime.

I also changed the Quicksearch header from "Open" to "(open)" but that's obviously cosmetic.

I had to rm -rf /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/obj/3544762124 every time to get this to 'take'; I've read all the Mason stuff about how you shouldn't have to clear the cache but that just doesn't seem to be true in my experience.

I'm sending this not because I think many folks care, but to capture the facts for the record in case one day someone DOES care!

...phsiii