[Rt-devel] Adding a custom ticket creation function

Oliver Hookins oliver.hookins at anchor.com.au
Tue May 30 02:56:56 EDT 2006

Hi there,

up until recently we've had a full time developer who took care of all
of our RT stuff, and now I've been lumped with a probably trivial
problem. I need to create a ticket creation function, very similar to
the standard one but it immediately sends the initial text of the ticket
to the requestors, and also does not trigger any template (e.g. autoreply).

The idea is that it would be called from a button very similar (in fact
right next) to the "New ticket in" button that is already on the home
page. I'd have to make it something like "New email in" or somesuch.
We've already got a similar function in a separate administration system
we use but I believe it uses the REST interface to do so, which
(although it seems logically possible) doesn't seem like it should be
necessary to use from within RT. Likewise with using the RT command-line
tool.

I am guessing for starters I need to make a customised version of
Create.html and put it in the local customisations tree, but I'm not
sure of the specifics from there. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks,
Oliver