[Rt-devel] mod_perl configuration problem

Harry Bochner Harry.Bochner at biogenidec.com
Wed Nov 8 17:09:16 EST 2006

This is really a mod_perl problem, I think, but I figured I would
try here first.

I've had RT 3.6.1 running on a development machine for some time,
but now I'm trying to go into production, and having headaches,
largely because I'm not allowed to just upgrade everything the
way I want ;-)

This machine had mod_perl 1.99_xx, so I had to beg an admin
to upgrade to mod_perl 2.

In the meantime, I configured things to work with FastCGI,
and that's working fine.

The admin finally found an RPM for mod_perl 2, and installed
it. But when I tried to switch from FastCGI to mod_perl, I
got this message in the logs:

> Can't locate object method "content_type" via package
> "Apache2::RequestRec" at /var/www/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 108.

I figured that Apache2::RequestRec wasn't getting loaded, so
I added a "use" statement to webmux.pl. That resulted in this
error:

> The 'comp' parameter (undef) to HTML::Mason::Request::CGI->new() was
> an 'undef', which is not one of the allowed types: scalar object
> Stack:
> [/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/HTML/Mason/CGIHandler.pm:127]
> [/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/HTML/Mason/CGIHandler.pm:63]
> [/var/www/rt3/bin/webmux.pl:128]

So I gave up on trying to patch things in webmux.pl :-(

I _think_ I've got the apache configuration right; it works
on the other machine. OTOH, that was using a new version
of apache. The machine that's giving me trouble is on Apache/2.0.52.

I could just stick with FastCGI, but I'd like to know what's
going wrong here.

Thanks for any pointers ...

--
Harry