[Rt-devel] Migrating RT 3.4 from MySQL to Oracle

Jeff Albert jralbert at uvic.ca
Wed Aug 8 12:34:30 EDT 2007

Hi Andrew,
We don't have any particular reason to believe that Oracle would
intrinsically provide better performance; however, we do have a team of
DBAs to assist with Oracle. I am also looking at Postgres as an
alternative, since we have a fairly deep pool of experience there. I'm
curious about what changes you needed to make to achieve performance
gains; mostly an issue of refining indexes, or was there more to it than
that?

Cheers,
Jeff Albert