[Rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] maintainably tagging custom fields for CSS

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 21 13:06:37 EDT 2007

On Aug 21, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 09:49:52AM +0200, Espen Wiborg wrote:
>> Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> writes:
>
>>> Mmm. Are they serious that upper case ASCII is only allowed in
>>> nmstart and
>>> not nmchar?
>>
>> I should think not. :)
>>
>> And, indeed, http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/grammar.html section D.2
>> includes the crucial '%option case-insensitive'.  IIUC, CSS doesn't
>> really care about case, except in quoted strings.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I've attached a suggested implementation, as a diff from 3.6-RELEASE

Since you can have multiple CSS classes for any one item, I'd think
it would make more sense to do

customfield edit foo

rather than customfield-edit-foo

That way you could more easily theme all custom field values or all
custom field values of a certain name, regardless of whether they're
edit or display.

Does that seem sane?