[Rt-devel] RT 3.6.5 Bug - Ticket attribute values in spreadsheet download are not localized

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 6 10:19:47 EST 2007

At Thursday 12/6/2007 03:39 AM, Matthew Ekstrand-Abueg wrote:
>On 17:05 Wed 05 Dec     , Stephen Turner wrote:
> > RT 3.6.5.
> >
> > Ticket attribute values in spreadsheet download are not localized. This
> > came up as an issue for us as we have use localization to rename the
> > 'stalled' status to 'waiting'.
>
>I'm sorry that this is not directly related, but I was wondering how you
>implemented this renaming of the status.  We are thinking of doing
>something similar in our infrastructure.

That's a good question - I didn't find anything on the wiki or in the
RT book. Here's what we've done:

- Created a file $RTHOME/local/po/XXXX/en.po
    (where XXXXX can be any string)

- The format of the content in this file matches that of
$RTHOME/lib/RT/I18N/en.po . Here are the entries that translate our
status value of 'stalled' to 'waiting':

msgid "stalled"
msgstr "waiting"

msgid "Stalled"
msgstr "Waiting"

I believe when you make changes to this file, you have to stop &
start the web server - and possibly clear the mason cache.

Steve