[Rt-devel] Accessing a queue's watchers list

Kip Cranford kipcranford at mac.com
Tue Jan 16 23:09:23 EST 2007

I'm using RT 3.6.3, and have a relatively basic setup.  I have a
queue that has a group on the watch list.  In the group are two
users.  I have RT configured to send a custom email to the watchers
on Comment and on Correspond.

I have an external Perl script that runs out of cron and produces a
daily report of this queue, picking out only those comments that fall
within a given time range.  The report is then mailed to people I
have hardcoded within the script.

Ideally, I want to send the daily report to the same users who are
defined as watchers of the queue.  I can't seem to figure out the
correct library calls to do this, however.  I have (or can have) most
of the object types available, but don't know the correct method
calls apparantly.

I've tried accessing some things through the queue object, but that
doesn't seem to work.  Same with the ticket object.  I can use the Cc
() method, but that doesn't seem to get me what I want.

I just want to be able to list the watchers defined on a queue.  I'm
currently looking at the code in PreviewScips, which is called by
Update.html when you add a comment to a ticket.  That builds the list
of users to send the mail to, so conceivably that would have the
correct calls.  However, I don't want to have to instantiate a
MIME::Entity and some of the other things it seems I'd have to do.
Isn't there some relatively simple API into the watchers data?

What am I missing?

Thanks for any pointers...

--kip