[Rt-devel] BUG: RT race condition

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Mon Jan 22 19:55:16 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 06:39:28PM -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:
> I don't know how this happened but 2 of my users did
> a "Take" on the same ticket at the same time and both
> were able to take the ticket.
>
> How can this happen?

What kind of tables are you using in MySQL?  Also, are you sure it
was "same time"?  There's a lot of time in one second for one
transaction to commit before another gets in.

(All of that said, this is one of the places where I think the
historical dependence on MySQL shows up: the transaction model just
isn't that strong.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
		--Philip Greenspun