[Rt-devel] hooking into user creation

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Tue Jul 17 17:10:53 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 01:17:20PM -0700, Joby Walker wrote:

> As for performance, it depends on the number of users/customfieldvalues
> you have.  With 70,000+ users that adds up to a lot of
> objectcustomfieldvalues records, and every SQL query you can avoid is a
> gain.  If you have a small installation, then it may not matter.

Good point.
I think we're around 200 users currently, and not likely to go over 700.
(but access to get the numbers is at work, and I'm not)

I don't think that raw performance is going to matter. Maintainability is
key for this. In particular I'm keen to minimise the amount of
changing/wrapping of RT code, to make it as simple as possible for someone
not-me to upgrade the RT version in the future, when I'm no longer around.

Nicholas Clark