[Rt-devel] RT and Attachments

Jeff Stark JStark at sumtotalsystems.com
Tue Jun 12 15:07:22 EDT 2007

Hello, it seems that attachments are killing our system, even if they
are not being accessed.

Is that the attachments (standard and custom field) are returned on
every query of a ticket?

Every ticket that has an attachment greater than (roughly) 6MB is
causing our system to hand and I must then clear the mason obj cache and
restart httpd.

Is this because the attachments are stored in the database and not
published to the file system in some fashion?

Has anyone possibly created some performance patches for attachments or
created a patch that copies the files to the file system instead?

Thanks,

- Stark