[Rt-devel] patch: Optimize recipients for Notifications Mails

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 15 03:58:44 EDT 2007

Hello,

we found, that if we have ScripActions that notify more than one watcher
group (e.g. "Notify AdminCC and Cc as Comment"), people get more than one
message for the same notification, if they have more than one role for the
ticket (e.g. beeing AdminCc and Cc).

This is not necessary at all but only annoying, so I propose following
general patch for Action/SendEmail.pm which removes unnecessary recipient
entries: It removes every Cc already in To and every Bcc if already in To
or Cc.

The patch is tested here and behaves like expected. Will this make it into
the core?

<http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3/patches/rt/optimize_recipients.patch>

Regards, Dirk.
--
Dr. Dirk Pape (eAS - Projektleitung Campus Management)
Freie Universitaet Berlin