[Rt-devel] Small patch to Email.pm

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Fri Mar 9 07:40:26 EST 2007

Hello!

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 13:51 -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > looping argument with RT. Is that an issue you're running into with
> > sympa?

Yes, we had a lot of problems with the sympa mailing list manager at
our site but also with other mailing list manager from the outside.
* people try to subscribe queues to mailing list
* queue receive posts from ml and we send auto replies
* people cc mailing lists in ticket correspondence

> It should also check for Auto-generated headers and not respond to
> auto-generated or auto-responded email. :-)

yes we hope to archive this with Set($RedistributeAutoGeneratedMessages,
'privileged');
We also have extra rules for procmail but of course they only work
for the mailing list we know about.

> But really, RT needs a throttle on how many responses it sends to a
> given address per some time unit.  There are so many b0rked
> autoresponders out there that you can't account for all of them.

sounds good, but difficult to implement in a generic way.

best regards and i hope that my mini patch will be included!

sven