[Rt-devel] BUG: Broken Message eaten up by RT

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Thu May 24 10:16:53 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 11:06:50AM +0200, Wolfgang Friebel wrote:

> He used pine and stated that the charset he is using is UTF8. The actual
> mail however does contain umlauts coded in ISO8859-1. The mime attachment
> announced therefore Text in UTF8 while the content contained chars coded
> in ISO8859-1.

Hmm.  I can see why you get no body then, because the mailer is
presumably sending that as an inlined mime attachment (I don't have
pine installed here to look).  Anyway, from my recentish glance at
those, if you declare a charset, the other end may try to enforce it,
and you might get some surprises when the declaration and the data
don't match.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland