[Rt-devel] AJAX Libraries was Re: Custom Fields - Populating using data passed to remote perl-SOAP-Lite interface

Alejandro Imass aimass at cc.com.ve
Wed Aug 6 15:02:57 EDT 2008

Ahhh, Jifty... (of course, I didn't relate your name at first! ;-) )
Cool JA WebFramework! Man, I just love the Perl world .- I started with
CGI then CGI::Application then Catalyst and now guess I'll get my feet
wet with Jifty. Hope I get the same awe as when I tried AnyEvent/EV
after POE <lol>

Anyway, back to our AJAX hack, so if we do somethings with 3.6, 3.8 we
will keep it in Prototype and try to isolate the JS lib as much as
possible. I had not noticed AJAX in the 3.6 code, then again, we are are
_very_ new to the code of RT (albeit not to the use of).

If not too much trouble, could you point to us an example of how AJAX is
being used in 3.6? Perhaps you referred to the use of Prototype for
client-side stuff only? I am guessing the latter.

Since we are not going to play with RT 4 for a while, and if we would
like to publish this work for RT 3.x, how would you recommend we
implement it? (in general terms.) If there is any AJAX at least in 3.8
just point to it and we will follow the general pattern (our current
project is with 3.6 so I haven't even looked at the 3.8 stuff)

Thanks!
Alejandro Imass