[Rt-devel] RT 3.8.1 RC 2

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 8 08:08:11 EDT 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 5:24 AM, Andrew Ruthven wrote:

> It looks like a bunch of the files are generated by running ./
> configure
> are included in this tarball, is that intentional?

Which files, I removed most of the detritus from configure.
We generate things like bin/standalone_http and friends
because it should be possible to run the standalone httpd
without ever running configure if you already have all your
perl modules installed from before.  This will kick you into
an Install mode that we're testing for a future 3.8 release.

> Also, a number of files in lib/RT/I18N are marked executable which
> probably shouldn't be.

Interesting, although I will note that make install and make upgrade
install modules that are *not* executable, so I don't see this being
much of an issue

-kevin