[Rt-devel] [rt-users] ACLs to create tickets with custom fields

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Thu Aug 21 13:31:59 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 13:24, Kenneth Crocker <KFCrocker at lbl.gov> wrote:

> Jerrad,
>

>        Actually, the "ModifyCustomField" privilege doesn't have anything to
> do with creating tickets. When a ticket is created, an
> OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES table record (where the value of the CF for that
> ticket is held) is created automatically for that ticket for each custom
> field applied to the queue the ticket resides in, provided that there is a
> value for that custom field for that ticket. The "ModifyCustomField"
> privilege allows a user to put a value into that CF for that ticket. If a
> ticket is created and no value is given for a particular CF, then the
> OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES record is NOT created. If, at a later date/time, a
> user with that privilege goes into the ticket and enters a value for that
> CF, then the OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES record is created. The
> OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES table record has a key (OBJECTID) to each ticket it
> is holding values for. I hope this helps.

So if I'm reading this right (and I may not be), you're saying that one
should be able to set
the custom field values for a new ticket without ModifyCustomField. That is
what I would
expect, but it does not seem to be the case. It's not possible to set custom
field values on
ticket creation (via REST, in 3.8) without that right. Both the CLI and
RT::Client:REST fail to
set the fields without this right.

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money & the planet