[Rt-devel] BeforeCreate callback for SelfService interface

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 22 08:18:00 EDT 2008

$skip_create in default interface behave differently, it shows create
interface again with all data user entered and shows some messages.
For example using this callback you can force people to define
subject.

This is very useful when your patch shows error and RT forgets all
user's input what is really undesired. Move this code into Create.html
of self service and adjust action of its form.

2008/8/22 Olly Stephens <Olly.Stephens at arm.com>:
> I am making use of the BeforeCreate callback in Tickets/Create.html to
> fix up some custom UI data before the ticket is created.
>
> But the equivalent callback isn't available in the SelfService area, and
> I need to do the same there.
>
> The flow in self service is slightly different so the attached patch is
> to 'Display.html' rather than 'Create.html'.  The patch is against
> 3.8.1.
>
> It'd be great to get this into the mainline (unless anyone has specific
> objections).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Olly

Best regards, Ruslan.