[Rt-devel] Help translating RT

Chia-liang Kao clkao at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 28 13:05:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've been working on improved process for rt translation, and
evaluating using launchpad's translation service as the platform and
repository for translation.  it offers suggestion by looking up
similar translatable strings from many other opensource package on
launchpad.

I've documented some process in http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/TranslationRosetta
.  We will be regularly importing from the launchpad database and
publish our new translation template there.  You can still send the po
file here, but it might be easier to just upload the po on launchpad
(see the "Using offline translation tool

Before we make a new release, we will now have a string freeze period
for two weeks before the scheduled release day, meaning that there
will be no new strings or changed ones during that release engineering
cycle, and if you help finishing up the translation in your language,
it should be fully translated for the released version of rt.

please let me know if you have any question or comment about the new
translation process.

Cheers,
CLK