[Rt-devel] REST Interface for Creating Ticket?

Frank F. Smith ffs1 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 1 13:13:20 EST 2008

Tim Coles wrote:
> I think simple forms fail because the REST interface is quite particular
> about carriage return/line feed combinations. IIRC it requires a CF/LF
> between each http field but within the http field called "content"
> (where you pass it all of your ticket fields) it will just accept a \n
> between each one. Something like that anyway.
>
> Either way having or not having the right combination was the difference
> between success and failure for me on several occasions (and was the
> main problem our .NET devs had when doing their test forms).

Sounds about right to me, though I've not tested all the combinations.

Mike: In the sample content I sent moments ago, I failed to note that
what _I_ am sending (based on my understanding of the RT::Client::REST
modules) has CrLf after each line _except_ the field: value lines, which
all end with just Lf.

Frank
> Tim

<snip>

--
Frank F. Smith

PESTICIDE SALES AND USE REPORTING DATABASE GROUP
20 THORNWOOD DR STE 106
ITHACA NY  14850-1265

Email: ffs1 at cornell.edu
Phone: (607) 257-5706