[Rt-devel] About data integrity rules

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Fri Feb 8 10:17:39 EST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008, at 4:02 AM, Rafael Martinez wrote:

> Would it be possible to get the data model of the database schema so
> we
> could identify all relations between tables/attributes and create the
> data integrity rules needed?

The schema and data model are not consistent with using foreign key
constraints.  There are cases where fields which should reference
other tables use arbitrary values to represent "no value" rather than
nulls.  Also, there are other places where you might need to write
custom complex triggers to enforce the relationships.

I was able to do some of the foreign keys for the prior version of the
schema from RT 2.x, which you may find in the archives here.

The schema is really due for a good hard overhaul to allow the DB
engine to enforce data integrity as a second layer of protection which
the application tries to enforce.