[Rt-devel] RT 3.8.0rc3 now available. [RT 3.8.0 release date inside]

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Jul 7 16:38:15 EDT 2008

I've just rolled a third release candidate of RT 3.8.0.

This version fixes numerous small bugs and includes a fairly major set
of fixes and improvements to the new Dashboards feature.

In slightly more detail:

* Cleaned up the code RT uses to show users' names in the web UI
* Fixed dashboards' access control
* Fixed dashboards' search titles to be proper clickable links
* Fixed the CSS stylesheets for emailed dashboards
* Cleaned up several new user preferences
* Improved support for non-ascii ticket subjects
* Many improvements to RT's testing infrastructure
* Search improvements pulled forward from RT 3.6
* Lifted dashboards from 'Preferences' to 'Tools'
* Improvements to the web-based configuration UI.

Please download RT 3.8.0rc3 from http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-3.8.0rc3.tar.gz
  and report your successes or failures back to this mailing list.

If I hear positive responses and nobody turns up anything that appears
to be majorly broken, rc3 will become RT 3.8.0 late this week.

Best,
Jesse