[Rt-devel] 3.8 install in Solaris 10 x86

Philip Kime Philip at kime.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 02:31:56 EDT 2008

"make install" really messes up on Solaris 10 x86 for me. Firstly, you
have to use gtar to untar the distro as vanilla Sol10 tar doesn't
handle the long links.

More importantly though, "make install" just won't work at all -
install.sh thinks it can't find any of the files it wants to copy and
just dies. I messed around for a while trying to manually copy stuff
but gave up. I saw this with 3.8 RC1 but never got round to reporting
it, which I should have done ... anyone else have this problem on
Solaris?

PK
--
Dr Philip Kime