[Rt-devel] Question concerning upgrade from 3.6.3 to 3.8

Jay Lee jlee at pbu.edu
Wed Jul 16 22:01:47 EDT 2008

> I'm having similar issues.  Just upgraded from 3.6.7.  I have run the
> database upgrade script and verified that HomepageComponents is set to
> defaults.  Still no bookmark options are available when setting up my
> "RT at a glance".  Any tips?  Could you recommend a database table or
> index that I should check for to make sure bookmark support was properly
> added to the DB?

  It was my fault.  I didn't follow the instructions in UPGRADE.mysql
which was preventing:

/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert --datadir etc/upgrade/3.7.82

from running correctly and creating the necessary search.  All set now.

My users are thrilled with 3.8 (and I haven't even shown them bookmarks
yet, that'll be tomorrow).  Thanks for all your hard work!

Jay
--
Jay Lee
Network / Systems Administrator