[Rt-devel] Bug in RT 3.8.0 display, when using fixed pitch font

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Jul 26 19:49:48 EDT 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 7:33 AM, Tim Cutts wrote:

> OK, so this is a spam ticket, but it illustrates a problem with the
> display of text/plain comments when the fixed pitch font option is
> switched on.  Without that option, the transaction displays fine, with
> the text being wrapped where code sees fit.  But with fixed pitch no
> wrapping is performed; that in itself is not a problem, it's what I'd
> expect, but the scrollbar on the widget is set to the wrong size, and
> runs off beyond the right edge of the window.  I have a screenshot of
> this which I will email to anyone who's interested, but I won't
> clutter your inboxes with it now.

Trying to get HTML wrapping to do the right thing for non-breaking
plaintext email is one of the least fun things I've had to do in
recent years and experience tells me that getting it right across all
common browsers is...difficult. A patch would be quite welcome.

> I also noted that the fixed pitch font used is using double line
> spacing, which probably isn't right.  This was observed using both
> Firefox 3 and Safari on a Mac, and IE 7 on Windows, so it seems to be
> a browser-independent problem.

Noted. I've opened a ticket for this one.

Best,
Jesse