[Rt-devel] SelfService Display.html, keep in SelfService. 3.8.

Tom Remmers tom at kdhconsulting.net
Wed Jul 30 13:11:35 EDT 2008

I want to prevent a requestor using the SelfService web UI from
navigating into the Ticket tree, thus keeping the interface simple for
the requestor. In SelfService/Display.html, the history display utilizes
/Ticket/Elements/ShowHistory on line 75, which displays transactions
with /Ticket/Elements/ShowTransaction. In ShowTransaction, line 54,

      <a name="txn-<% $Transaction->Id %>" href="<% $DisplayPath
%>#txn-<% $Transaction->Id %>">#</a>
      <% $LastTransaction ? '<a id="lasttrans" name="lasttrans"/>' :
''|n %>

And in ShowTransaction, line 92,

$DisplayPath =>
RT->Config->Get('WebPath')."/Ticket/Display.html?id=".$Ticket->id

Therein lies the problem. For the SelfService view, the following would
keep the user in the SelfService directory,

$DisplayPath =>
RT->Config->Get('WebPath')."/SelfService/Display.html?id=".$Ticket->id

Another solution, probably even better, would be to hide the "#" link
altogether in SelfService.

Is there is an elegant way to modify the code in /Ticket/Elements? I'm
thinking there must be a clever "if" clause that would only require a
couple lines of code (if(SelfService) or something). Of course, code
from /Ticket/Elements/ could be copied into /SelfService/Elements and
modified accordingly, but that's an ugly solution.

Thank you,

Tom

Environment:

RT: '3.8.0';