[Rt-devel] SelfService Display.html, keep in SelfService. 3.8.

Tom Remmers tom at kdhconsulting.net
Wed Jul 30 15:31:08 EDT 2008

Jesse,

> Do your non-privileged users _get_ to the /Ticket/Display.html page?

Yes. My test user is only in the Everyone group, which has the following
rights. From my online research and experimentation, these are the
minimum required to create and view tickets. It could be that one of
these rights also lets the user into /Ticket/.

 CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket, ModifySelf, ReplyToTicket, SeeQueue

I reduced the rights to "CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeQueue" and
could still get to /Ticket. I can't see reducing the rights any more
than this.

In my RT deployment, there are no groups defined and no other rights
defined. I have not yet deployed
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AutoRedirectToSelfService, however I
do not see how that would affect the current issue.

> Why? RT has code to automatically get SelfService users to
> /SelfService/Display.html?... if they try to visit
> /Ticket/Display.html

I now see code in share/html/autohandler that looks like it does the
redirection for non-Priviledged users, but the redirection does not
appear to be working in my RT deployment.

Best Regards,

Tom