[Rt-devel] DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.51+ bug

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Thu Jun 26 02:20:27 EDT 2008

Stephen Turner wrote:
> We discovered a bug in (I think) DBIx::SearchBuilder, in the
> Oracle-specific part of the package - the DistinctQuery method in
> Handle/Oracle.pm. The problem is that results from some queries are
> not sorted correctly. Where we have seen this in RT (3.6.5) is in the
> order of custom fields on ticket pages (Display, Basics etc) - the
> order of CFs on the screen does not match the sort order specified
> for the fields.

Quite a while I contributed a patch for this problem but it was redrawn
because of ??
Don't remember but could you or I look it up in svn logs, looking for
'Joop'.
I have had in production for quite a while without side effect as far as
I could tell. Probably got removed when I updated Searchbuilder without
further thinking that my work would be undone and since we don't rely on
CFs being ordered its probably unnoticed by my and colleague.
I use Oracle XE (is Oracle 10.2 with restrictions)

Joop