[Rt-devel] Standalone local build rt-3.8.0rc2 fails under normal user

Hoogstraten, Ton Ton.Hoogstraten at ingram.nl
Thu Jun 26 04:57:01 EDT 2008

Hello,

It might be me doing something wrong. But when I try to build a
standalone test environment for rt.3.8.0rc2 with the following configure
command it fails on the 'make install' after fixing the dependencies.

Cheers,

Ton Hoogstraten

Configure command used:

./configure --with-my-user-group --enable-layout=inplace
--with-db-type=SQLite --with-devel-mode

'make install' fails on the following error. It looks like it is trying
to apply permission on '/etc' instead of the etc on the local build
directory.

All dependencies have been found.

/usr/bin/install -c -m 0755 -o ton -g ton -d /./etc

/usr/bin/install: cannot change owner and permissions of `/./etc':
Operation not permitted

make: *** [config-install] Error 1