[Rt-devel] [ANNOUNCE] rtconsole / REST issue

dams dams at gentoo.org
Tue Mar 25 07:59:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'd like to announce rtconsole (RT::Clien::Console on CPAN). It's a
ncurses (text only) based interface for RT. It uses the REST API, and
POE.

Version 0.2.0 is just out, and I think it's usable for real work. If
you are willing to try it, any feedback would be much appreciated.

description page : http://damien.krotkine.com/rtconsole/index.html

We have an issue with the REST API : afaik it's not possible to get the
list of queues available on a RT server.

It makes it very inconvenient to raise a new ticket : usually entering
a valid queue name is mandatory (like on rt.cpan.org), but without a
list of possible ones, it's difficult for the user to pick one properly.

Is there any way to get the list of available queues on the RT server ?

It is the same with custom fields, but that's less of an issue for now.

Thanks,

--
dams