[Rt-devel] REST Interface for Creating Ticket?

Mike Melson Mike.Melson at Caringo.com
Sun Nov 30 21:48:07 EST 2008

Hi -
I would like to integrate a customer self-service extranet with RT using
the REST interface. Customers need to be able to submit a new ticket &
view their existing tickets.

I'm able to query a user's tickets fine. However, I can't seem to create
a ticket using the REST interface (yes, I know I can send it via email
or use CLI ... but I would like to keep this all w/in REST if possible).

Here is the syntax I've tried (along with several variations):
$RTBASE/REST/1.0/ticket/new?user=xxxx&pass=xxxx&queue=General&text=text&subject=Subject

I get the following response:

RT/3.6.5 200 Ok

# Required: id, Queue

id: ticket/new