[Rt-devel] Need help with RT post upgrade

Bryon Beilman beilman at sinecurve.com
Sat Oct 4 18:51:35 EDT 2008

I upgraded RT 3.4.5 to 3.8.1

RT comes up and I can see all the tickets.

Every time I select a ticket that I have not yet seen, it goes back to the
authentication screen. I authenticate and then it continues.

Previously accessed tickets do not behave this way.

Any guidance?   I am in the middle of a weekend upgrade (which I can revert
if needed, but prefer not to)

I did a previous upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8 at another site and did not have
this issue.

Prior to upgrading, I experimented on this new RT instance with fresh data.
I then dropped that DB and did a make initialize-database. It worked well.

I followed the Upgrade directions for apps and DB.

The main difference is that I loaded a brand new instance of RT on a new
machine.

I then restored the database, ran the database update process, copied over
the RT_Site_Config.pm and used the same apache config file that worked on
the virgin installation.

Bryon