[Rt-devel] Need help with RT post upgrade

Janet Houser jhouser at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 13 19:30:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm running Centos 5.2 and upgraded from rt 3.6.5 to 3.8.1.  I had the
same problem and did get around it by
changing my sessions to user files instead of the database but this
method still fails occassionally and sends the
user back to the login page.  It is very annoying.

When I upgraded, I successfully ran the command:

/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
--action upgrade

mysql db is version 5 (both prior and post upgrade) and didn't have to
be upgraded using:

	perl etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl db user pass > sql.queries

Do you happen to know how to fix this problem the "proper" way?

I read and re-read the install instructions and thing I followed
everything correctly.  Guess I didn't :-).

thanks.

janet