[Rt-devel] Any interest in the ability in RT to enforce CF value uniqueness?

Wed Oct 22 17:36:30 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 22:00, Philip Kime <philip at kime.org.uk> wrote:

> and removes the regexp-based mandatory approach
> completely which may bother some people but not that many I would
> think.

Why remove it? I like the ability to check for integers, etc. Actually,
I was pondering to submit the rules I need to write, at some point.
Think email, IP address, etc.
Fun fact: I recently sent out a wishlist item, asking for a mandatory
alongside the current regexp approach. "May be empty or must match
foo" is a lot more flexible than "Must match foo"

> The main push for this is auditing - the last time I was involved in
> an audit, the SOX people simply wouldn't pass RT unless it had this
> mandatory code in it because they couldn't be sure that certain audit
> information was guaranteed to be included with tickets in certain
> queues. I think that this is a very important thing indeed for RT
> personally - you have to have something like this in modern, audited
> environments.

Aye.

Richard