[Rt-devel] Any interest in the ability in RT to enforce CF value uniqueness?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 22 23:15:21 EDT 2008

Actually, guys, RT 3.8.1 is pretty close to what you want these days.
I'll to describe what I mean. You all want different things and I'm
unsure we can develop any web interface to manage all those
requirements, but 3.8.1 can return to Update/Create pages when there
are GnuPG or CF checks fail and there are callbacks in both pages. You
can use them to check any conditions you want, setup $checks_failure
reference and push a message for user.

I'm not sure how flexible it is for various rules, but I think we can
try to improve flexibility.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/10/20 Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>:
>
>> "mandatory at create time"
>> "mandatory when edited by a privileged users"
>> "mandatory to resolve"
>
> also:
> * mandatory to change owner
> * mandatory to change status to foo (replacing your "to resolve" above)
> * mandatory if other field is set/filled/changed/emptied
> * mandatory if in a certain queue
> [...]
>
> Richard

Best regards, Ruslan.