[Rt-devel] Faulty handling of user email addresses

Mon Oct 27 08:39:41 EDT 2008

Hi all,

while trying to make one user use two email addresses (needed because I
send from several addresses and don't want to create different
privileged users just to be able to use commands by email), I tried both

  foo at bar foo at baz

and

  foo at bar, foo at baz

as email addresses. Neither generates a warning when saving.

When RT decides to send email to the user, email will only be sent to
foo at bar in the first case. In the second case, email goes to foo at baz,
instead.

As a quick fix, I suggest checking the email address with a regexp and
rejecting everything that is not a single address.
In the longer term, supporting several email addresses would be great :)

Thanks,
Richard